Where do your donations go?
Let’s give ourselves the best care!
Donations to the Montréal Sacré-Coeur Hospital Foundation allow us to:
- improve the care and services we offer patients;
- purchase specialize and ultra-specialized medical equipment;
- support research teams and offer research grants to attract the best candidates;
- improve teaching and training conditions for residents;
- create and maintain an endowment fund to ensure the longevity of the MSCHF and its mission.
Since its creation in 1976, the Montréal Sacré-Coeur Hospital Foundation has remitted
close to 75 million dollars
to Sacré-Cœur hospital
- over $17 million for research
- over $10.7 million for cardiology
- over $8 million for surgery
- over $8 million for orthopedics
- over $6.5 million for medical imaging
- over $2.7 million for pneumology
- over 2.7 million for nursing care
- over $2 million for traumatology
- over a million for mental health
- over a million for teaching and training
- and many other commitments
Over the past 15 years, the financial support of the MSCHF has allowed the purchase or construction of:
- the da Vinci surgical robot (two generations) used to perform complex surgeries;
- the Centre d’études avancées en médecine du sommeil, equipment and financial support for research teams;
- the new coronary care unit with better equipment;
- the new internal medicine ambulatory care unit, a medical teaching unit supervised by specialists;
- the Centre de réadaptation cardio-respiratoire Jean-Jacques-Gauthier;
- the new orthopedic clinic and ultra-modern equipment;
- the family medical clinic;
- the new building over the emergency unit, in which are located the integrated trauma centre, the mother/child unit and the endoscopy service, a project of over $148 million. The MSCHF collected $12.4 million with a fundraising campaign for this project.
Donations for research
The MSCHF supported the Sacré-Cœur hospital research centre to the tune of $9,335,974 over the last few years.
The monies served to finance:
- the development and renovation of infrastructures such as the creation of K wing where some of the research facilities are located;
- the construction of the Center for Advanced Research in Sleep Medicine (CARSM) ;
- the renovation of the animal facility;
- the acquisition of specialized, high-tech, innovative equipment;
- the recruitment of researchers by way of start-up grants for their projects;
- the creation of excellence-based grants for students.
Donations for teaching
Over the past few years, the MSCHF’s contribution to teaching has most notably allowed the purchase of:
- simulation equipment, monitors for training rooms, and cameras for the observation rooms;
- the renovation of a training room;
- the maintenance of simulation mannequins (dummies).
Advantages for the patients:
- to receive care in a safe environment;
- to receive leading-edge care;
- to be a full member of the care team.